Tuesday 27 May 2014

~A little reflection~

Apologies for not posting any substantial post in a long while. Can't believe this blog has survived more than 7 years since its inception in my primary school days.

Back to the main topic. Today we had a tough match against a traditionally strong rival team. To be honest, I was not expecting us to garner much foothold against them since the previous matches against that team ended terribly. However, I must say lady luck was on our side today as we made an extraordinary comeback from losing 1-5 in the last period to 5-5 draw (equaliser scored in last 7 seconds!). Without a slightest doubt, my whole emotions for today had been a rollercoaster ride. Words could not describe how jubilant I was when I saw everyone gave their hearts out for one another, fervently supporting one another even when we were perceived by others to lose. I have never felt so bonded with my teammates before this match and today, I am finally proud to pronounce myself as a member of the floorball team.

Of course, behind all the celebrations and cheers when we won the opponents on penalty shootout (1-0), I spotted a lonely figure that everybody had sidelined due to a few mistakes that he had made. In retrospect, I am disappointed with myself for being insensitive to his feelings (by only cheering the goalkeeper that gave us the leap into finals) and not caring much for his (maybe) sorrows. Other can claim that even the exco members were not giving much attention to him, so why should I bother and be angry with myself? However, I must admit I have suffered failures countless times before and have thus reminded myself to be more caring towards those that make mistakes. While others have the right (I beg to differ this notation) to claim his own goal made the match a whole hell lot challenging for us, I believe he had truly performed to his best of his capability and all the more, we should show support for him to galvanise his remaining strength for the finals. Not that I am against all the cheers directed towards the other goalkeeper but I always feel an inexplicably amount of sympathy whenever I see such a scene happening before me. Or maybe because he reminded me of myself when others simply gave him the cold shoulder when he made a "grave" oversight. I personally hate that feeling utterly.

Furthermore, I was shocked by how the achievements of others can be washed away from memories so easily. Not going to say which group of people I was disappointed with but I truly believe the world should not be so pragmatic albeit that is impossible. While results matter, one should at least make the effort to console those that do not receive their dutiful results despite performing with all his/her heart and soul.

That is all for today. I just could not hold back my feelings about this matter and needed a space to jot it down to entrench this lesson in my memory for years to come. Haizzz I just wish the event does not leave a scar in his memory. Everyone shines in his/her own way, no one should be ignored.





No comments: