Friday 26 October 2012

~Anime~

I feel kind of ashamed of myself for starting to watch anime while preparing for O levels....

Anyway, I started watching anime just because I like a particular song very much. It is the ending song of Kannazuki No Miko titled "Agony" by Kotoko.

Upon hearing it for the first time, I instantly liked the song and went to check on the comments. From there, I went on to google "Kannazuki No Miko". I must state here, I am not into YURI anime. '__' I did not even know that it was a yuri anime when I was watching the first few episodes as it was revolving 2 girls and 1 boy. I thought it would be a typical 12-episode anime about triangular relationship or perhaps friendship jealousy.

That anime totally changed my perspective of animes. I once thought animes would be like Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, or even Onepiece, Naruto, Bleach. Either it is a childish cartoon or a full of violence anime.

I didn't know animes could portray the relationships between girls so well. The agony between the love and hatred for somebody while trying to protect her from further harm absorbed my eyes to the screen. I could say I was astonished by the work of the Japanese and somehow I did not want to the anime to stop.

Therefore, to prevent myself from falling into temporary depression as a result of the end of Kannazuki No Miko, I had to stop the anime at episode 6. I heard of a saying, "Sometimes, it is better to end it halfway when it is the most beautiful than finishing it".

Later on, I searched around the internet for yuri anime and I found "Strawberry Panic". It was a wonderful anime showing the perspectives of the girl being loved and the girl loving her. In fact, the anime was a triangular love where I really got to see the frustration and sadness of the girl not getting the other girl that she loved due to the latter one loving another one. It brought back memories of a debate that I had seen in China on whether you should go for the person that you love or the person that loves you. Of course, like in reality, there are bound to be people that are hurt in the course of pursuing their love. I was sad that even in the virtual world, there is no perfect ending. [Spoiler!]

This anime in my opinion should be NC16 and you need to have a mature mindset to watch it. Of course, there are no sexual scenes and the most is only kissing. Below are the 2 opening songs of Strawberry Panic.



Similar to the former anime, I stopped Strawberry Panic at episode 13 as I really could not force myself to finish an anime. The ending according to wikipedia is very sad and I did not want to watch it.

That marks the end of this blog entry. Even though the thoughts and phrasing are not good as it was done in a rush, I will try to perfect it after O levels.

In the meantime, good luck to all those taking O levels this year!!!

-Ahmeng-


No comments: